Monday, January 14, 2008

1992 Olympic Silver Medalist Paul Wylie Reflects On His Career


Interview Courtesy World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame - Linda Famula

Paul Wylie, the 1992 Olympic silver medalist, will join Janet Carpenter, Todd Eldredge and Charles A. DeMore on the red carpet at the 2008 U.S. Hall of Fame induction ceremony which will be held during the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Minneapolis, Minn. (Jan. 20-27).

Wylie, a five-time U.S. national medalist, reflected on his career and shared his thoughts on his upcoming induction.

WFSM: You had both a successful career as an amateur and professional. Did you enjoy one particular phase of your career more and why?

Wylie: "I have to be honest that I enjoyed my professional career more than my amateur career, but it's not such a simple answer. My career changed overnight once I won the Olympic silver medal. That particular credential enabled me to experience the professional career I could
only have dreamed of.


Continue Reading...

Source: IFS

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites