Monday, March 3, 2008

On The Road With Stars On Ice

"The show is getting a really good response," reports six-time Canadian ladies champion Jennifer Robinson, now in her third season with Stars on Ice. "People laugh at the jokes, which is always key. They're really entranced by the slow stuff. There's a lot of audience interaction ... and it's always interesting to see what you get."
Robinson, 31, is highly amused by the idea that she's one of the tour veterans. "I never, ever dreamed I would be doing U.S. Stars on Ice," says Robinson, who will do her sixth Canadian Stars on Ice tour this spring. "It's beyond anything I ever expected. I'm not the most famous skater. I have no world or Olympic medals. I've been so welcomed by American audiences. It is pretty cool they like to see me.

"I want to make them laugh," she adds. "I want to make them entertained. For the two hours that we're on the ice, I want them to have a good time. I still like to do my tricks, and I get upset when I make a technical mistake, but I want the audience to have a good time with skating and see how great live skating is. It's such a great vehicle to be able to connect."

Although Sasha Cohen, Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon are tour newbies, they are very familiar faces from Robinson's competitive days. Her former world and Olympic teammates Jamie Salé and David Pelletier are doing guest appearances this season (after five years on tour) with their infant son Jesse in tow.

Keep Reading...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites