Friday, March 14, 2008

Penn Jillette Talks Dancing Odds

Penn Jillette goes into the new season of "Dancing With the Stars" next week already a winner -- or loser, depending on how you look at it. "When they started to bring up the idea of my doing the show last year, I realized I was much too heavy, so I actually lost 47 pounds before I started working with Kym," he says, speaking of his professional dance partner, Kym Johnson. "Then I lost three more since we've been working together."
Penn Jillette Ready for "Dancing With the Stars": Talks Odds (ABC)

How did he lose the weight? "Oh, crazy fad diet stuff -- exercising and taking in less calories," he deadpans. "I run eight miles a day on a treadmill." Even so, admits the 53-year-old, 6-foot, 6-inch illusionist/ comedian/ actor/ provocateur, "I'm still the tallest and oldest on the show. At least I'm not 70 pounds heavier than any other contestant. Now I'm probably 30 pounds heavier. I was told by the producers that it is a total disadvantage, but Kym is doing everything she can to spin it to our advantage."

Keep Reading...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites