Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Phantom Sequel in the Works?

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber announced on his video blog that he will pen a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, the longest-running musical in Broadway history.

In a taped message, the Tony-winning composer says, “I’ve made a decision today that I will do The Phantom of the Opera sequel. And I have met with a couple people today who have persuaded me to do it, who I will not reveal, but it’s a very exciting day for me. . . It’s going to be very exciting, and I can reveal that it will be set in New York.”

Lloyd Webber had previously written "The Heart Is Slow to Learn," a song for a Phantom sequel. That song was unveiled to the public at the televised London concert celebrating Lloyd Webber's 50th birthday. Kiri Te Kanawa performed the ballad. The composer later dropped the idea of the sequel and chose to collaborate on the musical The Beautiful Game.

Keep Reading...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites