Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shimmy Exclusive Interview

Shane Sparks




Shimmy: Please tell readers how you got started dancing.

Shane Sparks: Dancing chose me. I played sports and did gymnastics, but none of them kept my attention like dancing. I was born to dance, and nothing else. I couldn’t stop if I tried!

Shimmy: Where do you get your inspiration?

Shane Sparks: I get inspired by anything and everything; music, animals, TV, people, and anything that has something to say. I love songs that tell a story, and then I bring it to life. I love that.

Shimmy: You’ve choreographed for television, film, videos, etc. At this point, what is your favorite genre to work in?

Shane Sparks: Actually, I love teaching more than anything because I am free to do whatever I want. But if I had to choose, I would say movies, because there are no boundaries.

Shimmy: You’re not returning to SYTYCD this season, overall how was that experience?

Shane Sparks: I am not returning this season, but you never know what the future holds! I am going to miss it, and miss showing the world the thing I love doing most, choreography.

Shimmy: How has it been working on “America’s Best Dance Crew?”

Shane Sparks: It is the biggest blessing I could have ever received. This show is incredible, from the crews, to the creators. Randy Jackson is the man, and I think him for believing in me.

Shimmy: Are you still teaching, doing workshops, etc?

Shane Sparks: Yes, I am still teaching and doing workshops. I still travel with The Pulse, and I am still teaching at Millennium. I will do it until my legs fall off!

Shimmy: What projects do you have in the works, and planned for the future?

Shane Sparks: I am working on a film called “Backdown” with Marques Houston, and Omarion, and the creators of “You Got Served.” There is a new movie I also am doing called “The Jump Off.”

Shimmy: If I swiped your iPod for an hour, what would I be listening to?

Shane Sparks: It would be straight R&B, Neyo, Chris Brown, and a little bit of Boys II Men’s first album. Flo Rida’s “Low Low Low” is on there too! I listen to pretty much everything, and I also can’t get enough of Alicia Keys’ new CD. I love it!

Shimmy: Three things you cannot live without.

Shane Sparks: God, my mom, dance, music, and Francia, my girlfriend.

Shimmy: If you could switch places with anyone [not in the dance world] for 24 hours, who would it be?

Shane Sparks: Adam from Adam and Eve, because if I could be him for a day, back in the day, I could have changed the world!

Shimmy: What advice would you give to aspiring dancers?

Shane Sparks: To dream! I have been a dreamer all my life, and I dreamed about my life right now. If you want it, you can have it. Work hard and stay focused, stay away from the drama, don’t let any male or female stop you from going for your dream. I love you all, and one day we will all be dreaming together

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites