Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buddy TV Talks with SYTYCD's Jamie Bayard

Hey this is Gina from BuddyTV and today I’m talking to Jamie from So You Think You Can Dance. Hey Jamie, how are you?

Doing good, how are you?


I’m okay, thanks. Well I was so sorry to see you go out first last night.

I know, thank you.


What the heck happened? Do you think that it was an issue where they were just trying to eliminate a couple? Rayven went first and so you went too?

Basically, my thoughts are that someone had to go. That’s the reality of the competition. As far as eliminating a couple in general, I don’t know what the judges were thinking on that, whether it was intentional or not. Their choice is their choice and that’s all you can really go with. I’m not upset about it, I guess.


Did the judges say anything to you after the episode, especially Mary?

They just congratulated me. One of the things that they said was this is a top 20 spot and no one can ever take that away from us, and it’s not that we are bad dancers or anything it’s just that someone had to go.


When you got a hip hop routine with a ballet dancer for a partner, were you a little bit nervous?

Absolutely, yes, because ballet and hip hop are opposite ends of the spectrum. But when we got to work on it, it turns out that Rayven was like the hardest worker there. I was so happy that I got her because we worked really, really hard into the night with it, and she didn’t stop and I didn’t stop. We had the same kind of pushing personality that way. So we went out there and we did our best and she did her best, and I’m really proud of her.


Did you go into last night’s episode worried at all that you two would land in the bottom?

Absolutely, yeah, I totally was worried that I would land in the bottom. I think everyone’s a little fearful of landing in the bottom. No one really felt too safe and it’s always a shocker, you never know what America’s going to do.

Keep Reading

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites