Monday, January 21, 2008

Thoughts From A SYTYCD Makeup Artist

Mia's Group Number - Ugh, this one terrified me. I came up with this concept the night before, and I had no backup plan. I knew it was way far from anything else we had ever done, so I held my breath until it was over, nearly shaking on the inside the entire time. I was finally able to breath easy when Nigel thanked me for it afterwards. Phew!!!

Mia's direction for this was that the kids were supposed to be from another world...she had this whole concept of a planet in the future that they inhabited....so my first thought was to do a futuristic version of something from the waaaaay past. I took my inspiration from the Renaissance Era, when women used to pluck their hairlines because it was thought a higher forehead was a sign of intelligence and beauty. So, for Mia's piece, John D pulled their hair back and painted the front half black.


Keep Reading...

Source: Confessions Of A Makeup Artist

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites