Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shimmy Exclusive Interview

Mark Ballas



Shimmy: How is it working with Kristi Yamaguchi on the
new season of Dancing With The Stars?

Mark Ballas: It is so much fun, Kristi is a pleasure to teach and
work with. She is so determined and focused and I
couldn't ask for more than that.

Shimmy: In skating she is known as a "technician", every step is as perfect as possible. How is she doing on the floor?

Mark Ballas: She is working extremely hard, but enjoying every step
of the way, and I'm really proud of her.

Shimmy: What is the best thing about your partnership
with her?



Mark Ballas: We get along really well, and we have such a great
time in our training sessions, we have similar personalities and the same work ethic.

Shimmy: What inspires you?

Mark Ballas: My family, the support they've given me continuously
pushes me to achieve my dreams.

Shimmy: Who are some of your favorite dancers, teachers &
choreographers?

Mark Ballas: I've trained with so many, but i would have to say the
two teachers I've always looked up to the most are my parents Corky and Shirley Ballas

Shimmy: What dance do you enjoy most of all?

Mark Ballas: I love the jive and the Foxtrot.

Shimmy: Do you have any other projects in the works?



Mark Ballas: I play Lead Guitar and Sing Lead Vocal along side
Derek Hough in my Rock/Blues band called Almost Amy. We are getting ready to start recording our debut
album soon.

Shimmy: Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me.

Mark Ballas: I think people would be surprised to know that I get
shy to dance in clubs.

Shimmy: If you could trade places with anyone (not a
dancer) for one day who would it be and why?


Mark Ballas: John Mayer because his music is so inspiring to me

Shimmy: 3 things you cannot live without?

Mark Ballas: Acoustic Guitar, I pod, Oreo Cookies and milk.

Shimmy: If I borrowed your ipod for an hour what would I
hear?

Mark Ballas: Anything and everything, even though I play in a
Blues/Rock/Pop band I have a wide selection of music that I enjoy, so I'm
sure you'd find something you like.
John Mayer
Michael Jackson
Prince
Three Days Grace
Eva Cassidy
Buddy Holly
Marvin Gaye

Shimmy: What is the best advice that you could give to
young dancers?

Mark Ballas: Master your craft, never hold back, never back down.
Love your gift and cherish every minute

Shimmy: What would you like to tell your fans?

Mark Ballas: I love you guys more than ever. You're the best.
and I couldn't do what I do with out you.



Photos: Mark Ballas Official Myspace

Shimmy Video Pick

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

*Shimmy Online Magazine* Blending the genres of artistic movement 7 days a week.

Tips...Clips...Questions Email Shimmy

Advertising Info

Shimmy Team

Managing Editor:
Tania Gressell

Media reporters:
Krissy Gressell

Shimmy On Myspace

 Subscribe in a reader


Add to Technorati Favorites